The Glory of the Gita
(Chanted after the recitation on
as spoken by Sripad Shankaracharya
(1) He who studies this Gita scripture with humility is freed from fear and misery and attains the feet of Lord Vishnu.
(2) That person who is in the habit of reading the Gita and who is also devoted to practising pranayama (breathing exercises) is not touched by sins, even those done in his previous birth.
mala nirmochanam pumsam
(3) Human beings must bathe in water every day to get rid of the dirt (of the body), but bathing in the water of the Gita once is enough to get rid of the dirt of this samsara (cycle of birth and death).
gita sugita kartavya
(4) This Gita which has come out of the lotus-like face of the Lord (He who has the lotus in His navel) and which is so melodious, should be studied. There is no need to study any other scriptures in detail.
bharat amrita sarvasam
(5) After drinking the water of the Gita which is the nectar of the entire Bharata (the epic Mahabharata) and which has come out of the mouth of Vishnu, there is no more birth (in this world).
sarvo panishado gavo
(6) All the Upanishads are the cows, the one who milks the cows is Krishna, Arjuna (Partha) is the calf.
ekam sastram devaki-putra-gitam
(7) In this present day, man ispeople are very eager to have one scripture, one God, one religion, and one occupation. SoTherefore, ekam sastram devaki-putra-gitam: let there beone scripture only,one common scripture, for the whole world—Bhagavad-gita. And Eko devo devaki-putra eva: let there be one God only for the whole world—Sri Krsna. Eko mantras tasya namani: And one hymn, one mantra, one prayer only—the chanting of His name: Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. Karmapy ekam tasya devasya seva: And let there be one work only—the service of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
in Gita Mahatmya, states that "only one God - Krishna, the son of Devaki"
Overview summary of each chapter of Bhagavad Gita
Bhagavad Gita Dhyanam
Bhagavad-Gita Interactive CD
SECRET OF ACTION IN BHAGAWAD-GITA